High school juniors and seniors: Apply now for Thales College’s unique dual enrollment program, offering selected courses at Thales College.
- FREE college courses with transferable college credit offered to high school upperclassmen
- Courses follow a hybrid format: 1.5 hours in class each week using a Socratic seminar style teaching model, along with 1 hour of online instruction and homework weekly
- Courses taught by Thales College faculty at the TC campus conveniently located in North Raleigh
- Courses offered on Wednesday afternoons from noon to 3:15pm throughout the 2021-22 school year
- Tuition is free, but students must pay a $195/course transcript processing fee to obtain a course transcript transferable to other colleges
US History & Constitution
This course will include a survey of primary sources from American history covering the Revolution, founding, crisis that led to the Civil War, the Progressive era, the New Deal, the Great Society, the Reagan era, and 21st century political issues. It will also cover important concepts and institutions in the American regime such as equality, civil rights and natural rights, liberty, republicanism, liberalism, justice, Congress, the Supreme Court, the presidency, the Electoral College, the amendment process, and others.
Writing & Rhetoric
Using examples from exceptional writers in the liberal arts tradition, this course fosters an appreciation of great writing and develops the student’s abilities in grammar, composition, rhetoric, and critical thinking. The course ends with instruction in advanced composition and rhetorical techniques applied to the classic essay as well as to everyday forms of communication such as e-mails, memos, letters, presentations, and reports.
Thales College Dual Enrollment students will experience a unique opportunity to learn challenging concepts in a college setting. These courses will better prepare students for the rigors of college, strengthen their college resumes, and provide them a sample of what to expect as a full-time Thales College student should they decide to enroll at the College following high school graduation.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
The deadline for applications has passed, but if you are interested in participating in a Thales College program in the future, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media.